Search This Blog

Sunday 1 August 2021

POSITIVELY HORROR INTERVIEWS ISIAH CAIN

Positively Horror's latest interview is with Isiah Cain, someone we're always eager to hear from! Please enjoy the full interview below:

Please tell us a bit about yourself and your relationship with the genre?

My name is Isiah Cain. I’m a Filmmaker (one of the many that are here in Las Vegas). I’ve always been into movies and it started with the interest in Acting,while in HighSchool i took up Video Production and that led me to editing and i just went from there, Now i’m a Head Creative for my Production team BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED. My relationship with Horror is different than Most, Alfred Hitchcock once said “the only way for me to get rid of my fears is to make films about them” i’ll sometimes take my real life situations and put them into my horror shorts.

What was your introduction to horror, and at what age?

I was introduced to Halloween (1978) just by being a nosey six year old…I regretted later because I completely misunderstood what that film was about.

You've previously worked with horror entertainment collective Antiks Entertainment making some great short horror. What was your experience working with such a creative group?

Yes, My experience was Grand Honestly. I learned so much.

Your shorts Hey and Party Girls are great and feel like they could easily be fleshed out and explored further. What do you like about creating short horror, and do you have plans to move into features?  

honestly people like (and love) those projects and i’m just sitting here (blank face) because i was just pushing myself to get out there and release something after having a hiatus, it was me getting out of a shell and doing things. As For Party Girls, i want to just say that there is more to PARTY GIRLS and hopefully i can go back and remake both of those films. As for a feature…who knows what the future holds.

Your horror content is available for free on YouTube, do you find that being part of the online horror community, and having your work so readily available helps get it out there? 

Right now, yes. I believe that it helps. Especially if you’re up and coming, one thing i love about YouTube is the Comments and let me tell you why: it’s sometimes constructive and if you’re able to know the difference between constructive criticism and just plain criticism you can develop a masterpiece. 

Who are some of your favourite people working in the genre at the moment?

Everyone who works hard and releases Something is my favorite. I root for everyone.

And are there any other projects you're involved with that you'd like to talk about? 

Well, THE SHAPE: EVIL WITHIN is getting a complete overhaul, it’s a turn from what you seen when we released a teaser with Antiks Entertainment where our main focus is Michael as a kid leading to the events of Halloween Night. It’s a chance for us to explore and create along the way (Young Michael will be played by Cooper Nelson he’s an Amazing Young Actor).
The next project that we’ve announced is NIGHT RIDER and we’re excited about this it’ll turn heads, it’s a Thriller with twists and turns. This project Stars Riley Morlen and Roger Gerard Cole. And then we have a project that we haven’t announced yet hopefully we’ll get the chance to soon.

Thank you again to Isiah for the great interview. 

No comments:

Post a Comment