Search This Blog

Friday 12 February 2021

Destiny Soria on Christmas Slasher and WiHM



Positively horror recently got the chance to talk with Desitiny Soria about her upcoming festive horror film, Christmas Slasher. Please enjoy the full interview below.

Please tell us a bit about yourself and your relationship with the genre? 

Hello I'm Destiny soria, an actress/director. I'm married to it. Haha

What was your introduction to horror, and at what age? 

My mom taking me to see nightmare on elm Street in theaters when I was 9, but I was younger than that when I watched my first horror. My mom was the one that got me into it. 

You're currently crowdfunding for your holiday horror 'Christmas Slasher' could you tell us a bit about it? 

Yes! We beat our goal and went over! It was awesome and pretty easy on figuring out how to do it. 

You have a lot of acting credits to your name, and a good few of those are in horror. What draws you to the genre? 

The gore! The blood! And yes a great plot

It's currently women in horror month, how do you feel the role of women has changed in the genre over recent years both in front of, and behind the camera? 

It change big and better! So many talented beautiful women coming and making this amazing films! I love it!

Do you feel that the online horror community has helped to garner more inclusiveness with things like women in horror month?

Yas! The horror community is so HUGE and very sweet people too. Very supportive crowd and I'm blessed to have them!

As a woman working in the genre, what would you like to see for the future of horror? 

More badass chick's doing badass things. More crazy horror themes!

Who are some of your favourite people working in the genre at the moment? 

Samara weaving! I love her acting and her look! She fits in horrors, she is a kick ass lady. 

And are there any other projects you're involved with that you'd like to talk about?

Did you see that part 2, we film in April. Its a witchy movie.

Thank you again to Destiny for the interview. Below are some related links to check out:

Lady destiny Productions IMDB:

https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?companies=co0682851

Christmas Slasher Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=christmas%20slasher&epa=SEARCH_BOX

Christmas Slasher Instagram:

@Christmasslashermovie

The Indiegogo campaign:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/christmas-slasher-feature-film--2#/

No comments:

Post a Comment